- Frim commitment to a career in clinical primary care and urban health for all ages
- No plans to subspecialize in Internal Medicine or Pediatrics (fellowships in General Internal Medicine or Pediatrics are not considered subspecializing)
- Medical student or graduate in good standing. Only MDs who have graduated within the past three years are eligible.
- Successful completion of USMLE Step I by date of submission of application. (We do not have a minimum score requirement)
- Completion of a sub-internship/acting internship in either medicine or pediatrics. (This does not need to be completed before you apply)
- We do not offer J1 visas
- We do not offer preliminary positions
How to Apply
The Johns Hopkins Residency program fully participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). Residents are not selected outside of the match.
Application Requirements and Deadline
The ERAS post office opens on September 15, 2014. You may send your application materials to us at any time. Deadline for submission of your application is the first Friday in November. We will not accept late applications.
We require the following items to be included in your application materials:
- Personal Statement
- Dean's Letter
- USMLE Scores (Step I with application; Step II, when available)
- At least three letters of recommendation from faculty members who know you well. At least two should be from IM or Pediatric faculty members. (We do not require a letter from your Department Chairs.)
During the interview day, we encourage applicants to familiarize themselves with Baltimore, the current house officers, the faculty, and the goals of the residency program. Applicants will have the opportunity to discuss programmatic details with current house officers and faculty.
The interview is not a test of a candidate's abilities. The interview is principally designed to introduce you to the program and vice versa. We want to know about your future goals, if the vision of the residency program matches your plans, and why you have chosen to apply to Johns Hopkins. Applicants may wish to bring their significant other when they visit.
We will conduct five one-day interviews in November - January. Second looks will be available, but they are not required. Contact the program coordinator, Jennifer Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-955-7911), if you are interested in a second look.
Interview Dates 2014-2015:
Thursday, November 6, 2014
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Thursday, January 8, 2015
Scheduling an Interview
Interviews are by invitation only. We will do our best to schedule your interview at a time that is convenient for you; however we cannot guarantee an interview on the dates you request.
Once we have reviewed your Dean's letter, transcript and three letters of recommendation, we will invite qualified applicants for an interview with faculty and residents. Invitations to interview will be issued by email. Your invitation to interview will not include an assigned interview date. If invited, please call our residency coordinator, Jennifer Jackson (email@example.com or 410-955-7911), to schedule a date and time.
Please note that we invite applicants and their significant others to dine with our residents the night before the interview day.
International Medical Graduate Applicants
H1 visas will be considered only for international graduates of United States medical schools. Due to the nature of our program, J1 visas are not accepted.