MD PhD Student Advisory Board
The MD PhD Student Advisory Board is an organization made up of MD PhD students at Johns Hopkins, with the goal of giving back to the program with student-driven initiatives. We have several sub-committees focused on student input into existing events, projects, and recruiting. We also have several new programs such as MSTP-specific advising and professional development to serve our needs as trainees. While we currently have the following sub-committees, we are always open to new members and ideas.
Chairs: Bridget Keenan and Erin Parry
- Events Committee: provides student input into annual events such as the Annual Program Retreat, Fall/Spring Dinner and Evening Discussion, and Revisit Weekend.
- Social Committee: organizes events for informal networking and fun
- Professional Development & Ethics Committee: plans events for professional development and career building. Example events/projects include a PD book club on negotiation skills, a seminar on dealing with harassment, and compiling lists of eligible grants and award applications.
- Ambassadors Committee: coordinates student recruiting at conferences and undergraduate campuses, organization of interview days, student hosting for MD PhD interviewees, and interviewee dinners.
- Mentoring Committee/Advising Program: provides and coordinates a new program for MD PhD-specific advising, connecting physician scientist faculty and fellows with students at all stages in the program to provide vertical mentorship.