Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Assistant Professor: Department of Molecular and Comparative Pathobiology.
D.V.M. University of Missouri, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, May 1992.
Laboratory Animal Medicine residency, Johns Hopkins University, July 2007.
Dr. Ruben is a veterinarian in Research Animal Resources with clinical, research and teaching responsibilities. She also has responsibilities with the research lab in the Department of Radiology and the surgical training center in the Department of Surgery.
Her primary area of focus involves large animal surgical models, anesthesia and analgesia.
- Wiedmeyer CE, Ruben DS, Franklin C. Complete Blood Count, Clinical Chemistry and Serology Profile using a Single Tube of Whole Blood from Mice. JAALAS 2007 46(2): 50-55
- Ruben DS, Muratore N, Pin S, Gabrielson K. Effects of Bedding Substrates on Microsomal Enzymes in Rabbit Liver. JAALAS 2007 46(3): 7-12.
- Scorpio DG, Ruben DS, Liao Z, Hildreth JE, Fletcher CA. Cervicovaginal evaluation in macaques used as a model for topical microbicide safety studies. Journal Medical Primatology, Feb;37 Suppl 1:65-73, 2008.
- Buscaglia JM, Simons BW, Prosser BJ, Ruben DS, Giday SA, Magno P, Clarke JO, Shin EJ, Kalloo AN, Kantsevoy SV, Gabrielson KL, Jagannath SB. Severity of post-ERCP pancreatitis directly proportional to the invasiveness of endoscopic intervention: a pilot study in a canine model. Endoscopy; Jun;40(6):506-12, 2008
- Buscaglia JM, Simons BW, Prosser BJ, Ruben DS, Giday SA, Magno P, Clarke JO, Shin EJ, Kalloo AN, Kantsevoy SV, Gabrielson KL, Jagannath SB. Etanercept, a TNF-alpha binding agent, is ineffective in the prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis in canines. JOP 9(4):456-467. class="ti2"
- Ruben DS, Scorpio DG, Buscaglia JM. Refinement of Canine Pancreatitis Model: Inducing Pancreatitis by using Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography. Comp Med 59(1):1-5 (2009)