D.V.M. University of Missouri, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, May 1992.
Laboratory Animal Medicine residency, Johns Hopkins University, July 2007
Instructor Department of Molecular and Comparative Pathobiology.
Dr. Ruben is a veterinarian in Research Animal Resources with clinical, research and teaching responsibilities. She also has responsibilities with the Department of Radiology research lab and the Department of Surgery minimally invasive surgical training center.
Areas of focus include large animal surgery and anesthesia and development of surgical and alternative models as well as trauma medicine and models.
- Wiedmeyer CE, Ruben DS, Franklin C. Complete Blood Count, Clinical Chemistry and Serology Profile using a Single Tube of Whole Blood from Mice. JAALAS 2007 46(2): 50-55
- Ruben DS, Muratore N, Pin S, Gabrielson K. Effects of Bedding Substrates on Microsomal Enzymes in Rabbit Liver. JAALAS 2007 46(3): 7-12.
- Scorpio DG, Ruben DS, Liao Z, Hildreth JE, Fletcher CA. Cervicovaginal evaluation in macaques used as a model for topical microbicide safety studies. Journal Medical Primatology, Feb;37 Suppl 1:65-73, 2008.
- Buscaglia JM, Simons BW, Prosser BJ, Ruben DS, Giday SA, Magno P, Clarke JO, Shin EJ, Kalloo AN, Kantsevoy SV, Gabrielson KL, Jagannath SB. Severity of post-ERCP pancreatitis directly proportional to the invasiveness of endoscopic intervention: a pilot study in a canine model. Endoscopy; Jun;40(6):506-12, 2008
- Buscaglia JM, Simons BW, Prosser BJ, Ruben DS, Giday SA, Magno P, Clarke JO, Shin EJ, Kalloo AN, Kantsevoy SV, Gabrielson KL, Jagannath SB. Etanercept, a TNF-alpha binding agent, is ineffective in the prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis in canines. JOP 9(4):456-467. class="ti2"
- Ruben DS, Scorpio DG, Buscaglia JM. Refinement of Canine Pancreatitis Model: Inducing Pancreatitis by using Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography. Comp Med 59(1):1-5 (2009)