Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
For the safety of our patients, trainees, staff, faculty, physicians and students, a mandatory flu vaccination policy is in effect across Johns Hopkins Medicine. Implemented in 2012, this program is in line with a national movement to increase immunization rates among health care workers.
This year’s flu vaccination campaign begins in October 2016. Under the Johns Hopkins Medicine Influenza Vaccination Policy, every staff and faculty member, resident, postdoctoral fellow, medical student and volunteer who works with patients or works in a patient care area must receive a flu vaccination.
- Johns Hopkins Medicine compliance deadline is Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2016, with the exception of Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital, which has a deadline of Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2016.
- The deadline to request a medical or religious exception by Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2016. The exception deadline for Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital is Friday, Oct. 14, 2016.
More Information by Entity
Get specific details about your organization's mandatory flu policy, where to get a flu shot, how to provide proof of vaccination and how to request an exemption.
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital, The Johns Hopkins Health System Corporation and The Johns Hopkins University
- Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
- Howard County General Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians
- Johns Hopkins HealthCare
- Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
- Suburban Hospital
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
For general questions about the mandatory flu campaign, contact the Johns Hopkins Medicine Vaccination and Influenza Prevention Steering Committee at hopkinsmedicine.org/mandatory_flu_vaccination/contact.html.