Required Patient History
What to bring to your first appointment:
Obtain medical records and information from your current physician. By receiving your actual radiology scans and studies, we will be able to review them prior to your appointment. Please mail this material to the Liver Tumor Center Coordinator prior to the visit.
- Current medical history and physical examination
- Recent imaging (CT scan, MRI/MRCP, EGD, ERCP, EUS, PET scan)
ACTUAL scans are strongly desired along with the written report. The scans can frequently be obtained from your referring institution on a computer disk.
- Reports detailing recent blood work including any tumor markers (CEA, CA19-9, etc.)
- ACTUAL pathology slides from any biopsy related to your diagnosis. These can usually be obtained from the doctor who ordered the biopsy.
Please mail the actual slides and the radiology scans on a disk or a USB/flash drive.
The information above should be mailed PRIOR to the appointment to Liver Tumor Center Coordinator:
Liver Tumor Center Coordinator
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Department of Surgery
600 N. Wolfe Street, Harvey 611
Baltimore, MD 21287
Phone : toll-free 1-877-LIVER99 (1-877-548-3799)
The following information should be obtained when making an appointment:
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC)
- Colorectal liver metastases
- Neuroendocrine / Carcinoid metastases
- Metastases from cancers of other organs
- Focal Nodular Hyperplasia (FNH)
- Polycystic liver disease
- Liver cysts
- Bile duct cancer/Cholangiocarcinoma
- Gallbladder cancer
- Hepatitis and other liver diseases
- Undiagnosed liver mass
Identify the following for consultation:
- Are you seeking a new diagnosis or second opinion?
- Are you currently under treatment?
- What treatment methods are you using or have you been recommended to use?
- Have you undergone Chemotherapy?
- Have you undergone Radiation therapy?
- Have you had a combination of chemotherapy and radiation?
- Have you had surgery?
- Name of Insurance Company
- Name of Insured
- Member Number
- Group Number