Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Transfer a Patient from within
Hopkins to another facility:
Contact the HAL line at 5-5447
and provide the following information:
Please provide the name and pager number of the staff
member that is requesting the transport (nurse, social worker).
- Date and Time of transport.
- Patient Demographics
- Pick up location and full address of the destination with phone number to the receiving floor.
- Transport Information: Is this a one way trip? Multiple Trips? etc.
- Level of Care: BLS, ALS, CCT, Wheel Chair, By Airplane?
- Non-Medical Transport by Taxi, Sedan, Executive Sedan?
- Medical Information: Admitting/Discharge Diagnosis, Medications, IV's, O2, Isolation, Cardiac Monitor, Restraints, State DNR with Cert, Weight of patient, and any Steps?
- For a Medicare Patient, can patient sit up? YES or NO.
- Patient Insurance - Primary, Secondary and Payment Information.
- Yellow Taxi Transports: Account number for ALL transports with and authorized caller name from the referring department.
- All medical transports can be paid by Check, Cash or Credit Card.
- A Lifeline Communications Staff member will then call the floor and provide ETA
or provide further information as needed.
IF A PATIENT IS NOT GOING TO ANOTHER IN-PATIENT FACILITY (SUCH AS GOING HOME), THE LIFELINE COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE CAN BE CONTACTED DIRECTLY AT
410-614-7777 FOR TRANSPORTATION ARRANGEMENTS.