- Putting Patients First - July 2014
Paul B. Rothman, M.D., shares an update on efforts to become the national leader in the safety, science, teaching and provision of patient- and family-centered care.
- A World Class Education - June 2014
Paul B. Rothman, M.D., discusses a vital piece of the Johns Hopkins tripartite mission: setting a standard of excellence in medical and life-sciences education.
- Leading the Nation in Patient Safety and Quality - April 2014
Learn about the initiatives Johns Hopkins Medicine has undertaken to improve patient safety and quality, elminate preventable harm and optimize patient outcomes.
- Addressing the Graying of Scientific Research - The Wall Street Journal (accessible through subscription only) - Mar. 5, 2014
Paul B. Rothman, M.D., and Ronald J. Daniels discuss the shrinking number of grants awarded to young researchers.
- Investing in Biomedical Discovery - February 2014
We strive to become the exemplary model for biomedical research and have outlined a bold new path with goals to advance and integrate discovery, innovation, translation, and dissemination.
- Our International Reach - January 2014
The goal of all of our international efforts is to improve the health of the world by creating and transmitting innovative knowledge and fostering discovery.
- State of Johns Hopkins Medicine: The Year in Review - December 2013
As 2013 draws to a close, it is astounding to reflect on the tremendous changes we experienced together this year.
- Addressing the Shift in Primary Care - September 2013
Before we can begin to solve the problem of primary care, we must first look at its causes.
- Learning from the Next Generation of Leaders - August 2013
Johns Hopkins Medicine aims to lead the world in the education and training of physicians and biomedical scientists -- so feedback from our students is vitally important.
- First Year Reflections - August 2013
As his first year as the 14th dean of the medical faculty and the second CEO of Johns Hopkins Medicine drew to a close, Dr. Rothman recently offered his perspective on the current state of Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- Thoughts Prior to Sequestration - March 2013
The impending budget sequestration threatens our ability to pursue our efforts in research and improving our patients’ health.
- At the Center of Care - Hopkins Medicine Magazine - Feb. 1, 2013
Putting patients and families first is key to addressing issues of patient safety.
- Catching up with Paul Rothman - The Gazette - Dec. 1, 2012
Paul B. Rothman, M.D.started his “dream job” on July 1, the day he stepped into the role of dean of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and CEO of Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- A New Chapter - Dome - Oct. 5, 2012
When he agreed to become the dean of the medical faculty and CEO of Johns Hopkins Medicine, Paul B. Rothman, M.D. signed up for a truly mountainous learning curve.
- True to the Core - Hopkins Medicine Magazine - Sept. 1, 2012
When you start as a new leader at an institution, the possibilities are vast and the concerns can be many.
About Paul B. Rothman, M.D.
Dr. Rothman is the Dean of the Medical Faculty and CEO of Johns Hopkins Medicine. View his profile.
About Johns Hopkins Medicine
JHM unites the physicians and scientists of the School of Medicine with the health professionals and facilities that make up the broad, integrated Johns Hopkins Health System. Learn more.