Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
In order to provide safe and comfortable housing for our patients and their caregivers the following are requirements during a stay at The Hackerman-Patz Patient and Family Pavilion:
- The patient is receiving treatment at the Johns Hopkins Hospital for either a minimum of 3 consecutive days, or at least 3 days a week.
- The patient has a caregiver, over 18 years of age, who has agreed to stay for the duration of treatment.
- The patient and caregiver have a permanent residence and will supply their identification card or other proof of residence.
- If the caregiver should change over the stay, all caregivers and guests are asked to pre-register at the front desk.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to stay overnight or reside in the Pavilion. Children under the age of 12 may visit during the day, with all visits limited to the first floor living room only.
- The patient is able to care for themselves, evacuate the premises in case of an emergency, and prepare meals (or do so with assistance from their caregiver).
- The patient and caregiver agree to check in no sooner than one day before the start of treatment and will check out no later than 24 hours following completion of treatment.
- At times the patient and caregiver may return to their home for shorts visits up to three nights while keeping their room.
- The Pavilion is a smoke-free and alcohol-free environment. Smoking and alcohol are not permitted in the building or on the grounds at any time.
Housing Referral Service - (410) 614-6527