Integrative Medicine: How Acupuncture, The Mind/Body Connection, Holistic Eating, Chinese Medicine, and Other Modalities Can Help Cancer Survivors During and After Treatment
WHAT: Join us for an informative webinar to learn more about what integrative medicine is and how it can address some of the issues cancer can create during and after treatment. During this presentation, experts will discuss topics including:
- What is integrative medicine
- When is it appropriate to use
- How it can address symptoms such as pain, fatigue, nausea, depression, anxiety, hot flashes, and sleep disturbances
- Why the mind/body connection is important
- How specific treatments can enhance quality of life
- Why healthy nutrition is important
- How to find qualified practitioners in your areaThere will be time for live Q&A after the presentation
WHEN: Monday, December 17, 2012
This presentation is open to all cancer patients, survivors, caregivers, and medical providers.
Linda Lee, M.D
Associate Professor of Medicine
Director of the Johns Hopkins Integrative Medicine & Digestive Center
Dr. Linda Leeis Board-Certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. In 2008, Dr. Lee opened the Johns Hopkins Integrative Medicine & Digestive Center. In addition to being the Center’s Director, Dr. Lee is also the Clinical Director for the Johns Hopkins Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology.
Jeff Gould LAc, DiplAc, DiplCh
Jeff Gould is board certified in acupuncture and Chinese herbology. He practices integrative Chinese Medicine at the Johns Hopkins Integrative Medicine and Digestive Center and has a particular interest in working with cancer patients to ameliorate treatment related side effects.
The Johns Hopkins Breast Cancer Survivorship Program
For questions, please e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org