Treatment of Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcomas
Johns Hopkins surgeons Nita Ahuja and Carol Morris discuss the management of sarcomas. There are about 12,000 cases of sarcoma per year in U.S. and these cancers can affect both children and adults. Because of their rarity, it is important that patients and their families have access to specialized teams with experience in these cancers, such as Johns Hopkins.
- Kristen Ann Carr Sarcoma Forum - provides grants for cancer research and seeks to improve all aspects of cancer patient life, with an emphasis on adolescents and young adults.
- Sarcoma Alliance - provides comprehensive information about sarcoma, including discussion boards and peer-to-peer networks that match individuals affected by sarcoma.
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma Home Page - from the National Cancer Institute
- Sarcoma Foundation of America - advocates for sarcoma patients by funding research and by increasing awareness of the disease. The site features a patient registry and links to chapters in each state.
- Liddy Shriver Sarcoma Initiative - works with individuals, families, communities and medical teams around the world to provide expert information and to fund promising sarcoma research.
- Oncolink - sarcoma information for patients and healthcare professionals.
- People Living with Cancer - cancer.net is an online resource for people living with cancer, offering oncologist-approved information from the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
Support Groups for Sarcoma Patients