When you come to The Johns Hopkins Head and Neck Cancer Center ,we encourage you to bring a family member or friend . Your companion can help you travel to the hospital, share in listening and asking questions during your consultation, and provide you with support while trying to make decisions about your health care.
Additionally, you may find it helpful to bring the following items:
- Your appointment information and materials sent to you in your orientation packet.
- Medical records, outside scans and reports, pathology slides and reports if not already sent in advance of your visit.
- Health insurance information including your insurance card(s), special forms, referrals or important phone numbers.
- A list of all your physicians names, addresses and their telephone numbers.
- A list of any medications that you are currently taking along with the prescribed dosages.
- A pen and notebook and/or folder for keeping a list of questions .