Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
1. NIH-Sponsored Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Clinical Trial Recruiting Patients at Johns Hopkins Bayview
Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) is a major source of morbidity and mortality, particularly in older individuals. Claudication (leg pain with walking, typically relieved with rest) may be a symptom of PAD.
Claudication: Exercise Versus Endoluminal Revascularization (CLEVER) is a prospective, randomized, multicenter clinical trial designed to determine optimal treatment for claudication due to aortoiliac disease. It compares the benefits of supervised exercise, endovascular revascularization and optimal medical care.
Who may be eligible: Age 40 and older with intermittent claudication due to aortoiliac peripheral arterial disease
If you are interested in learning more about this research study or if you have a patient who may be eligible, please call the Johns Hopkins Center for Vascular Medicine at 410-955-5897.
PI: Elizabeth Ratchford, M.D.
2. Are you between 8-20 weeks pregnant? Would you like to participate in a research study?
The Johns Hopkins Vein Center is conducting a non-invasive research study to evaluate the effect of compression stocking use in preventing the development of venous insufficiency. Venous insufficiency is a condition in which the veins have problems sending blood from the legs back to the heart. It can cause:
- Varicose veins
- Skin changes
- Leg swelling
- Non-healing ulcers
To be eligible for this study you must be:
- Female between 18-45 years of age
- Between 8-20 weeks pregnant
- Seeking care for pregnancy at one of these Johns Hopkins locations: Johns Hopkins Bayview, Johns Hopkins Hospital or Johns Hopkins at White Marsh
- Able to undergo two ultrasound exams on the legs
- Able to attend three appointments & participate in phone interviews
PI: Jennifer Heller, M.D.
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.