The minimum pre-requisites for application to the CPE program include:
- Graduation from an accredited college (prefer a masters level)
- A completed application form and fee
- An interview with a qualified interviewer
- Eligibility to be a volunteer at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
In order to apply to any of our CPE programs:
- Completed application, which includes each essay question, and previous supervisor's and student's final evaluations, if applicable. The completed application must be submitted before the deadline of the unit of training desired.
- Pay the $50 non-refundable application fee in full.
Once the application has been completed, it will be reviewed by a certified ACPE Supervisor. Clearly indicate to which unit the application is being made. Each applicant will receive notice of the receipt of their application and the status of that application. Generally, two to three weeks after the application is received, an interview will be scheduled. It is important to note that not all applicants are interviewed.
Please print and mail in the application fee. An application without the application fee cannot be considered.
Mail the application to:
Department of Pastoral Care
C/o CPE Registrar - Application Enclosed
The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
5300 Alpha Commons Drive, Suite 234
Baltimore, MD 21224
An additional option is to electronically submit application material. One may e-mail application materials to Rev. Dr. Paula Teague. If one selects this form of submission, they must ensure that payment of the $50 application fee follows in a timely fashion. Questions regarding the application process may be directed to Rev. Dr. Paula Teague or Rev. Jim Pfeiffer.