The non-invasive vascular laboratory at Johns Hopkins Bayview is accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL). Equipped with state-of-the-art technology, including the "Intelligent Ultrasound" by Phillips IU22, and HD11 scanners and Flo-Lab 2100SX by Parks, the lab offers a wide range of procedures, including:
- Extracranial cerebrovascular arterial duplex scan;
- Venous and arterial studies of upper and lower extremities; and
- Abdominal vasculature exams.
Serious, life-threatening conditions that can be detected non-invasively include:
- Deep vein thrombosis;
- Peripheral arterial disease;
- Carotid artery disease;
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm;
- Renal artery stenosis; and
- Mesenteric arteries disease.
Faculty and Staff
The laboratory is operated under the supervision of the Division of Vascular Surgery and is staffed by registered vascular technologists.
Making An Appointment
Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. To schedule an appointment, please call 410-550-VLAB (8522).