Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The rehabilitation unit provides comprehensive inpatient, team-based rehabilitation with the goal of improving the health, function and well being of our patients. A team of experts, including an on-site physical medicine and rehabilitation physician, works together to help patients regain function, become as independent as possible and return to a community setting.
- 18 years and older
- Have a condition that would improve with rehabilitation
- Medically stable with the ability to tolerate and actively participate in at least three hours of therapy per day (or 15 hours per week)
- Have a prognosis that indicates reasonable potential to return to a community setting
- Physician intervention required at least three days per week throughout the acute rehabilitation stay for at least one of the following:
- Pain management
- Medication management needed for frequent medication changes
- Cardiopulmonary management
- Complex bowel or bladder management
- Enteral or parenteral feeding for nutritional assistance
We treat a wide range of conditions, such as:
- Stroke/brain injury
- Neurologic disorders
- Orthopedic conditions
- Medically complex conditions
The adult and stroke specialty rehabilitation programs are accreditated by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and The Joint Commission.
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.