I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The medical-behavioral unit provides comprehensive, inpatient care to older adults with complex medical needs, in addition to offering specialty consultations to address psychiatric conditions and behavioral symptoms. Physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology and therapeutic recreation also are part of the program.
Typically, patients 55 years and older are admitted with a primary medical condition and a secondary mental health need for which evaluation and treatment in an inpatient setting are needed. Treatment interventions may include medical management, behavioral management, medication management, telemetry, intravenous therapy, respiratory therapy and post-surgical care.
- Medical diagnosis and corresponding treatment plan that cannot be managed in a less intensive inpatient or outpatient setting
- A secondary psychiatric diagnosis or behavioral condition that requires psychiatric consultation
- Specialty hospital level of care needed to safely and effectively manage medications and behavioral care plan
- Physician involvement is required at least three times a week
- Medical or psychiatric condition that requires inpatient acute hospital care
- Medical or psychiatric condition for which on-site continuous physician services are needed
We treat a wide range of conditions, such as:
- Anxiety and irritability
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.