Runners are prone to injury due to the amount of stress applied to their tissues and joints. Injury is even more likely if a person has poor posture, muscle weakness, joint stiffness, soft tissue tightness and or impaired movement.
Johns Hopkins Bayview’s physical therapy department provides an innovative running analysis program designed to meet the unique needs of recreational and competitive runners.
Injuries from running can include:
- Lower extremity tendinitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Injuries to the hip, knee and ankle
- Iliotibial band injuries
- Shin splints
- Stress fractures
- Back pain
Our therapists use the latest motion analysis technology to provide comprehensive assessments to our patients. This includes:
- A detailed patient history
- Assessment of your running pattern through video analysis and biofeedback
- Footwear assessment and recommendation
You will receive an individualized treatment plan designed to address your running pattern using real-time video, biofeedback and other treatment techniques.