Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The department of Rehabilitation Services at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center offers physical therapy interventions for patients with headaches of all types, especially those with associated symptoms in the neck or upper back. The goal of rehabilitation care is to reduce the intensity and frequency of pain, muscle spasm, and associated disability.
Each patient’s treatment plan will be customized according to their needs. Services offered by Rehabilitation Services include:
- Manual therapy techniques
- Biomechanics and posture retraining
- Therapeutic exercise
- Pain relief modalities such as ice, heat and ultrasound.
- Biofeedback training for muscle re-education and / or relaxation
- Ergonomic assessment to decrease strain on the muscles that contribute to headaches
- Education and home exercise programs
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.