Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Department of Rehabilitation at Johns Hopkins Bayview brings together occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy.
We offer a comprehensive program for cancer patients during their treatment. It is our goal to maximize your quality of life and independence in function by providing an individualized treatment plan that focuses on your specific needs. We also provide education for family and caregivers.
The Cancer Rehabilitation program treats:
- Bladder and bowel incontinence, or pelvic pain
- Decreased ability to perform daily activities
- Decreased energy and fatigue
- Decreased joint range of motion
- Impaired cognition, concerns of patient safety
- Impaired sleep
- Impaired speech
- Lymphedema (swelling)
- Numbness in hands and feet
- Osteoporosis or low bone density
- Problems with balance
- Problems with walking
- Swallowing problems
We provide care for people with a variety of diagnoses, including:
- Brain and spinal cord cancer
- Breast cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Gynecological and urogenital cancer
- Head and neck cancer
- Lung cancer
Our therapists provide:
- Augmentative communication
- Cognitive/safety assessment and intervention
- Electro larynx therapy and training
- Energy conservation and fatigue management
- Fall prevention education
- Improving balance
- Improving strength, range of motion and flexibility
- Lymphedema and edema management
- Mobility retraining
- Pain management
- Retraining in how to complete your daily activities.
- Stress management and sleep training
- Swallowing assessment and intervention
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.