Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Providers and researchers within the Division of Chemical Dependence focus on several areas of research, including:
- Criminal charges and outcomes of patients entering office-based buprenorphine maintenance therapy
- Initial program and treatment outcomes in a community-based buprenorphine program
- Twenty year follow-up of patient cohort with chemical dependence-Is hepatitis C infection a predictor of mortality (BEAD)
- Stability of buprenorphine, norbuprenorphine and their glucuronide conjugates in authentic human urine samples
- The Therapeutic Workplace: A smoking sessation intervention for low income adults
- Changing epidemiology of substance abuse medical morbidities
- Lucas GM, Chaudhry A, Hsu J, Woodson T, Lau B, Olsen Y, Keruly JC, Fiellin DA, Finkelstein R, Barditch-Crovo P, Cook K, Moore RD. Clinic-based treatment of opioid-dependent HIV-infected patients versus referral to an opioid treatment program: A randomized trial. Ann Intern Med. 2010; 152: 704-11.
- Chaudhry A, Berkenblit G, Gifford AL, Cofrancesco J, Sosman J, Sullivan LE. Update in HIV Medicine for the Generalist. J Gen Intern Med. 2010 Dec 8. [Epub ahead of print].
- Chaudhry AA, Botsko M, Weiss L, Egan JE, Mitty J, Estrada B, Lucas GM, Woodson T, Flanigan TP, Fiellin DA; BHIVES Collaborative. Participant characterstics and HIV risk behaviors among individuals entering integrated buprenorphine/naloxone and HIV care. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2011 Mar 1;56 Suppl 1:S14-21.
- Fiellin DA, Weiss L, Botsko B, Egan JE, Altice FL, Bazerman LB, Chaudhry A, Cunningham CO, Gourevitch MN, Lum PJ, Sullivan LE, Schottenfeld RS, O'Connor PG and the BHIVES Collaborative. Drug Treatment Outcomes among HIV-Infected Opioid Dependent Patients Receiving buprenorphine/naloxone. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2011 Mar 1;56 Suppl 1:S33-8.
- Everly J, DeFulio A, Donlin W, Aklin W, Umbricht A, Fingerhood M, Bigelow. Depot Naltrexone Treatment in Unemployed Opiate-Dependent Adults G, Silverman K. Employment-Based Reinforcement of Adherence. Addiction 2011: pending publication.
- Rastegar DA, Bertram A, Sisson SD. Use of an internet-based curriculum to teach internal medicine residents about addiction. J Addict Med 2010;4:233-5.
- Gordon AJ, Kunins HV, Rastegar DA, Tetrault JM, Walley AY. Update in addiction medicine for the generalist. J Gen Intern Med 2011;26:77-82.
- Koffarnus M, Wong C, Diemer K, Needham M, Hampton J, Fingerhood M, Svikis D, Bigelow G, Silverman K. A Therapeutic Workplace for Chronically Unemployed Homeless Alcohol Dependent Adults. Alcohol and Alcoholism 2011: pending publication.
- ASAM Annual Conference 2010, San Francisco, CA-Integration of Buprenorphine Treatment into HIV Primary Care (Workshop Faculty)
- SGIM Annual Meeting 2010, Minneapolis, MN- Update in Addiction Medicine for the Generalist
- ASAM 2011 Annual Medical-Scientific Conference, Washington, DC- Development and Evaluation of Addiction Training in Residency Training Programs
- 1st World Congress on Ultrasound in Medical Education 2011, Columbia, South Carolina. Hand-Carried Ultrasound Performed by Hospitalists: Does it Add to the Accuracy of the Cardiac Physical Examination.
- ASAM 2010 Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA- Symposium organizer -“Addiction in Women”
- NIDA CTN Regional Conference 2010-“Medication Treatments for Drug Dependence”
- Johns Hopkins Medicine- Current Topics in Geriatrics 2011- “Now a Problem amongst Seniors: Valuable Insight into HIV”
- ASAM 2011 Annual Conference, Washington, DC- Symposium organizer- “Prescription Drug Abuse”
- ASAM Annual Conference 2010, San Francisco, CA: Methadone and QT Interval (Session Co-Coordinator) and Integration of Buprenorphine Treatment into HIV Primary Care (Workshop Faculty)
- SGIM Annual Meeting 2010, Minneapolis, MN: Update in HIV Medicine for the Generalist (Session Coordinator)
- ASAM 2011 Annual Conference, Washington, DC- Development and Evaluation of Addiction Training in Residency Training Programs
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.