I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The mission of the Division of Chemical Dependence is to promote and improve the provision of medical care to patients with substance abuse and co-morbid medical conditions through:
- The creation and dissemination of knowledge related to the medical care of individuals with substance abuse.
- The development, maintenance and evaluation of innovative programs related to the care of individuals with substance abuse.
- The mentorship of current and future clinicians in providing sensitive expert care to individuals with substance abuse.
The division is comprised of three main clinical services:
- Chemical Dependence Unit (CDU)
The Chemical Dependence Unit (CDU) is a 26-bed inpatient unit that provides comprehensive medical detoxification services for patients using alcohol or opiates. While on the unit, patients prepare for the next steps in their recovery.
- Outpatient Chemical Dependence Unit
The Outpatient Chemical Dependence Unit provides three- to five-day ambulatory detoxification. While in the program, patients prepare for the next steps in their recovery.
- Comprehensive Care Practice (CCP)
The Comprehensive Care Practice (CCP) is a primary care clinic that offers a full range of primary care services. Providers in the practice have extensive expertise in treatment of HIV positive patients and also in the treatment of addictions.
For more chemical dependence programs available throughout Johns Hopkins Medicine, visit www.hopkinsmedicine.org/psychiatry/bayview/medical_services/substance_abuse or www.hopkinsmedicine.org/substance_abuse_center.
Michael Fingerhood, M.D., FACP
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.