Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
JHBMC Internal Medicine Residency
Division faculty actively participate in the training of Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Internal Medicine Residents:
- All residents complete a two-week rotation in the Chemical Dependence Unit and Comprehensive Care Practice
- Throughout their rotation, three residents share a panel of patients in Comprehensive Care Practice
- Faculty offer educational sessions for residents: HIV morning report; med-psych; evidence-based medicine; noon conferences; journal club
- Faculty create addiction modules for web-based Hopkins Internal Medicine curriculum
- Faculty coordinate and participate in PGY1 to PGY2 retreat
- Division faculty actively participate in the continuing training of Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center housestaff through:
- Precepting Medical Housestaff Practice
- Attending physician Zieve Medical Unit for one month per year (Aliki scholar)
Division faculty actively participate in the following components of Johns Hopkins medical students training:
- Fourth year elective
- Substance abuse intersession course
- Preceptors for longitudinal curriculum
- Colleges advisory program
- Continuity clinic (students during MPH)
- Ethics and public health
- Preceptor for second-year medical student transition to the wards clinical skills course
Urban Health Residency
Division faculty participate in the training of new residents, with the goal of improving and impacting the resident's knowledge, behavior and attitudes towards substance use among their patients, focusing on:
- Universal screening
- Evidence-based practices for early intervention
- Treatment strategies that can be incorporated into the primary care setting, including office-based buprenorphine treatment, and treatment for alcohol and tobacco use disorders
- Encouraging referrals to specialized treatment programs where appropriate
- Serve as faculty for the Johns Hopkins yearly Buprenorphine Certification Training, open to internal and external faculty and staff