The Pediatric Center at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center helps to maximize the level of comfort and care we are able to offer our youngest patients. Our combined pediatric emergency department and inpatient unit delivers innovative, family-centered pediatric care. The Pediatric Center offers:
- A waiting room dedicated to pediatric patients and their families
- In-room registration and triage
- Large, private rooms with close proximity to staff
- Pediatric providers and staff dedicated to providing excellent family-centered care
- A commitment to open and consistent communication with community providers
Johns Hopkins Bayview's Pediatric Center is provides care for children with general pediatric problems who need a short hospital stay, or those who have had surgery or are being treated for burns. Treatment and care are coordinated by an in-house pediatrician (24-hour coverage). Nursing care is provided by a staff of experienced pediatric nurses.
A health care provider will see your child daily. Most visits are in the morning, with additional visits as needed. You may not see the same provider from one day to the next. However, be assured that we will keep each other informed about your child’s medical conditions. When possible, we communicate regularly with your child’s pediatrician and will send him or her a summary of your child’s hospital stay once your child is discharged.
Pediatric Center at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Pediatric Hospitalist On Call