Since our first official MOAD publication was published in the Journal of Maternal Health in August 2011, the MOAD team has been staying busy by writing more and more papers! Here you'll find summaries to our MOAD publications, as well as a sneak peek to what's coming next. Thank you again for your ongoing support. We couldn't do it without you!
Celebrating Five Years of Women's Health Research
MOAD researchers are celebrating five years of women's health research! Click here to see some milestone research data.
As we reported last quarter, the racial distribution of our participants shows a similar distribution to Baltimore County [74% Caucasian, 20% African-American, 3% Asian per the 2000 Census, as reported on censusscope.org]. This suggests that we are getting an accurate representation of moms in the area.
Recent MOAD Publications
Coming Research Results
We're working on the following manuscripts & hope to publish them in the upcoming months. Results will be posted as soon as they become available.
- Recall Bias in Women with Pelvic Floor Symptoms
- Fertility and Mode of Delivery
- Breastfeeding Practices, August 2011
- Pelvic Floor Disorders, October 2011
- Episiotomies, February 2012
- Anal Sphincter Lacerations and Anal Incontinence, June 2012
- Joint Flexibility and Ease of Giving Birth, July 2012
- Obesity After a First Delivery, September 2012
- Pelvic Muscle Strength After Childbirth, November 2012
As the study progresses, we will post new information. Thank you again for your help with the MOAD study.
Drs. Victoria Handa and Joan Blomquist