Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Summer Scholars Program at Johns Hopkins Bayview
Every summer, medical researchers and faculty at the Johns Hopkins Bayview campus host approximately 150 students. Programs at the National Institute of Aging and National Institute of Drug Abuse, as well as several Johns Hopkins University programs, focus on recruiting under-represented minorities and those from underprivileged backgrounds with the goal of increasing diversity in academic medicine and science.
The goal of Summer Scholars is to create a campus-wide program that will be seen as a national model to increase diversity within academic medicine. Through collaboration, we hope to enrich the programs that we currently have, broaden the applicant pool for all campus-based programs and strengthen the future financial foundation for these initiatives through partnering and attracting new external support.
Existing Summer Scholars programs at the Johns Hopkins Bayview campus include:
- Johns Hopkins Internship in Brain Sciences Program
- Medical Student Training in Aging Research (MSTAR) Program
- Medical Education Resources Initiative for Teens (MERIT) Program
- NIH/NIA Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research
- NIH/NIDA Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research
- Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine Summer Internship
- Recruitment & Training for Under-Represented Populations (RTURP) Program
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.