One to two residents are accepted every six months to participate in the Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant Residency Program. Application deadlines and interview dates are rolling.
For Spring Positions
Application deadline: October 1
Interviews: October 15-31
Expected start date for Position 1 is the first week of March.
Expected start date for Position 2 is the first week of April.
For Fall Positions
Application deadline: March 1
Interviews: March 15-31
Expected start date for Position 1 is the first week of September.
Expected start date for Position 2 is the first week of October.
In order to be considered:
- All of your application materials must be received by the Department of Emergency Medicine at Johns Hopkins Bayview (address below) by the application deadline date.
- The Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam (PANCE) must be completed and passed 75 days prior to the expected start date.
We recommend sending your documents via a tracking and confirmation process with signature required. Please make sure you include the complete address as written below.
- Master's degree from an accredited physician assistant program
- Current NCCPA certification (by start of residency)
- Maryland state licensure/eligible
- Three letters of recommendation (if employed, one letter from current supervising attending physician; if in school, one letter from faculty member)
- GPA of 3.0 or better in PA school
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal interview
- Personal statement
- PA School Transcripts (sent to the address below)
- Application fee of $40 (Please make checks payable to Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.)
Please submit your CV, personal statement, letters of recommendation and application fee to:
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Attn: Jonathan Lerner / Debbie Miller
Department of Emergency Medicine
A1 East, Suite A-150
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21224
In addition to applying by mail, candidates also must complete the online application. Go to the Career Search Page and search for "Physician Assistant Resident - ED" to access the online application.
The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center will accept PA residents without regard to race, religion, sex, age, handicap or country of national origin, and will not discriminate on those bases in the granting of access to any of its programs or activities.
If you're coming from out of town to interview for the residency position, a list of hotel accommodations in close proximity to the campus is available at www.hopkinsmedicine.org/patients/hotels.html.