Rachel Levine, M.D., Director
Since 1990, we have co-developed and implemented more than 100 workshops and programs for Johns Hopkins and other institutions regionally, nationally and internationally. A major strength of our consultation service in special programs is our committment to creating self-sustaining programs that meet the current and future needs of our clients. Workshops are highly individualized to client needs through consultation during development of a special program and following implementation.
In addition to developing and implementing workshops, our team can support client efforts in the following ways:
- Facilitation of planning efforts for faculty development needs broadly
- Collaborative planning and implementation of skills development and team-building among faculty across interdisciplinary lines
- Development of a train-the-trainer approach , with the goal of enabling the client to continue faculty development efforts independently
- Follow-up, as desired
A primary consultant is identified to work on planning, implementation and follow-up. This consultant then creates a team of Johns Hopkins faculty facilitators to assist in program implementation. In addition, an on-site visit is recommended. This could include:
- meetings with those who are central to the faculty development efforts for the client in order to further assess institutional and participant needs for training and to continue to build a working relationship among all participants;
- a site visit to areas representative of the contexts for teaching among client faculty; or
- next-level planning.
Individual workshops are offered for selected Teaching Skills and Curriculum Development content.
Introduction to Curriculum Development (half-day workshop)
- Wednesday, January 29, 2014
- Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Limited Longitudinal Program in Curriculum Development, Part One (two-day workshop)
- Mondays, October 14 and 21, 2013
- Thursdays, May 1 and 15, 2014
Limited Longitudinal Program in Curriculum Development, Part Two (15 individualized mentoring sessions to guide you through the six-step model with curriculum you are developing; prerequisite is prior completion of one of our other CD workshops/courses)
- June 10, 2013 to June 9, 2014
- January 14, 2014 to January 13, 2015
To register, please contact Darilyn Rolfing at 410-550-0510 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may request a meeting to discuss planning a workshop customized to the needs of your group.