Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Consultation and Special Programs
Rachel Levine, M.D., Director
Since 1990, we have co-developed and implemented more than 100 workshops and programs for Johns Hopkins and other institutions regionally, nationally and internationally. A major strength of our consultation service in special programs is our commitment to creating self-sustaining programs that meet the current and future needs of our clients. Workshops are highly individualized to client needs through consultation during development of a special program and following implementation.
In addition to developing and implementing workshops, our team can support client efforts in the following ways:
- Facilitation of planning efforts for faculty development needs broadly
- Collaborative planning and implementation of skills development and team-building among faculty across interdisciplinary lines
- Development of a train-the-trainer approach , with the goal of enabling the client to continue faculty development efforts independently
- Follow-up, as desired
A primary consultant is identified to work on planning, implementation and follow-up. This consultant then creates a team of Johns Hopkins faculty facilitators to assist in program implementation. In addition, an on-site visit is recommended. This could include:
- meetings with those who are central to the faculty development efforts for the client in order to further assess institutional and participant needs for training and to continue to build a working relationship among all participants;
- a site visit to areas representative of the contexts for teaching among client faculty; or
- next-level planning.
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.