Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Consultation and Special Programs
Rachel Levine, M.D., Director
Since 1990, we have co-developed and implemented more than 100 workshops and programs for Johns Hopkins and other institutions regionally, nationally and internationally. A major strength of our consultation service in special programs is our commitment to creating self-sustaining programs that meet the current and future needs of our clients. Workshops are highly individualized to client needs through consultation during development of a special program and following implementation.
In addition to developing and implementing workshops, our team can support client efforts in the following ways:
- Facilitation of planning efforts for faculty development needs broadly
- Collaborative planning and implementation of skills development and team-building among faculty across interdisciplinary lines
- Development of a train-the-trainer approach , with the goal of enabling the client to continue faculty development efforts independently
- Follow-up, as desired
A primary consultant is identified to work on planning, implementation and follow-up. This consultant then creates a team of Johns Hopkins faculty facilitators to assist in program implementation. In addition, an on-site visit is recommended. This could include:
- meetings with those who are central to the faculty development efforts for the client in order to further assess institutional and participant needs for training and to continue to build a working relationship among all participants;
- a site visit to areas representative of the contexts for teaching among client faculty; or
- next-level planning.
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.