Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
During the course of the program, interns are to meet all requirements and assignments outlined in the Dietetic Internship syllabus.
All dietetic interns are required to complete at least 1200 hours of supervised practice experience as defined by the standards of the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).
Interns will be expected to complete the following major projects:
- Major clinical case study and presentation
- Administrative project and presentation
- Research project, poster session and presentation
- National Nutrition Month project
Interns will be evaluated as follows:
- At the completion of each rotation by the clinical dietitian preceptor
- Mid-term and final cumulative evaluation by the internship program director
- Evaluation for each of the major projects and presentations
- All course work accompanying each rotation will be reviewed by the internship coordinator.
The intern is expected to meet professional competencies, standards of professional practice and standards of conduct established by the internship program. Interns must achieve an average of 85 percent or greater to graduate from the program.
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.