I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
To help guide our collective commitment and efforts to the community, Johns Hopkins Bayview leaders use the Community Health Improvement Guiding Principles proposed by the Johns Hopkins Medicine Community Benefits Advisory Council. They include:
- Partnering with community leaders and community-based organizations who serve as stewards to guide and educate JHM to best serve the needs of each population.
- Integrating the interests, assets and expertise of our health system, academic institutions and the community to reach mutually agreed upon outcomes.
- Developing transparent, coherent approaches to plan, implement, evaluate and disseminate sustainable health improvement programs and policy interventions.
In fiscal year 2013, the Medical Center conducted a community health needs assessment (CHNA) to identify the most important health issues in our community, which included:
- Obesity (including complications)
- Addiction (including complications)
- Access to health care for Latino and other non-English speaking populations
- Mental health
The Board of Trustees then approved a community health implementation strategy to address the health priorities identified through the CHNA. Our commitment to improving the health and well-being of our community will be demonstrated through the deliberate planning of community benefit activities.
For more information, please contact the Community Relations Department at 410-550-0289.
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.