Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Johns Hopkins Comprehensive Transplant Center
The Johns Hopkins Comprehensive Transplant Center provides an all-inclusive program of transplant services for adult and pediatric patients. Established in 1996, the Comprehensive Transplant Center team is dedicated to delivering state-of-the-art care practices to fulfill the needs of our patients. We specialize in the following solid organ transplants:
- Islet cell
- Reconstructive transplantation (vascular composite allograph)
Our comprehensive care philosophy is crucial to improving the quality of life for all our patients at every step of the transplant journey. Our multidisciplinary care practice includes specialists in surgery, medicine, nursing, psychology, social work, nutrition, finance, substance abuse, infectious diseases, immunogenetics and much more.
This team-based approach to care allows us to attend to every area of our patients’ needs before, during and after transplant or live organ donation.
Comprehensive Transplant Center Overview
- Compassionate, experienced team
- World-renowned transplant specialists and clinician-scientists
- Leader in transplant clinical care, research and education
- Innovative hepatitis C and HIV-positive organ transplant program
- Patient- and family-focused pediatric organ failure and transplant management
- Innovations in living donor and recipient research, transplant epidemiology, and transplant procedures
- Performed first laparoscopic living donor kidney donation
- Facilitated first multicenter paired kidney exchange
- Facilitated first five-person kidney exchange