Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The Johns Hopkins Medical and Surgical Association (JHM&SA) is an organization of the alumnae and alumni of the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions. These former students, current and former members of the house staff, postdoctoral fellows and faculty members are deeply committed to maintaining their relationships with our Institutions.
The mission of the JHM&SA is threefold:
- To organize and conduct a biennial meeting for the alumni of the medical institutions.
- To improve the quality of life and provide educational opportunities for students, fellows and house staff.
- To disseminate information about the Johns Hopkins community to its members and interested parties.
How does the JHM&SA meet these goals?
- The JHM&SA organizes the Biennial Meeting which is held every two years on the East Baltimore Campus. During the meeting, the council reports to the membership updates on various initiatives and programs and conducts an election.
- The Association provides: stethoscopes to the first-year medical students; scholarship funding to the School of Medicine; financial assistance to the Johns Hopkins Day Care Center to support tuition scholarships; and financial support to the House Staff Council, Graduate Student Association, the Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association, the Medical Student Society and the Office of Cultural Affairs.
- The JHM&SA provides financial support and contributes articles, obituaries and class notes to Hopkins Medicine magazine