In today's world, we are challenged by more aggressive competition, a tough employment market, more demanding employees, increased workloads, and waves of information. This more challenging leadership environment makes it important to strengthn our leadership skills throughour the organization.
The Leadership Development Toolkit was created to help you structure development opportunities to build your leadership skills or the leadership skills of your employees. The Toolkit provides you with a listing of activities/tips, courses and references that specifically apply to leadership competencies measured by the JHH Management Job Description.
The information in this document will be helpful in developing leadership skills but is not an "all-inclusive" list. We will continually add to, update and revise the toolkit. Please share your ideas with us in the Organization Development and Training Departments and we will use the best ideas in updating this document.
Improving our leadership abilities will better prepare us for the challenges ahead. Maintaining strong leadership will help Johns Hopkins continue among the top-ranked hospitals in the United States and a leader worldwide.
"The scarcest resouse in the world today is leadership talent capable of continously transforming organizations to win in tomorrow's world." - Noel Tichy, author of The Leadership Engine
Development Toolkit Concepts
- Set Goals, Motivates and Aligns Organization
- Takes Initiative to Solve Problems and Make Decisions
- Builds Relationships and Fosters Teamwork
- Creates a Learning Environment
- Respects Diversity and Practices Inclusion
- Manages Change
- Is Accountable for Personal Actions, Models Integrity and Ethical Behavior
- Manages Service Excellence
- Ensures a Safe and Secure Environment
- Maintains Adequate Staffing Levels of Competent Staff
- Provides Team and Individual Developmental Feedback
- Understands JHH Policies
- Manages Operations
- Manages Financial and Business Planning