Investing In You...
Our programs support current employees who may be preparing for career advancement opportunities in nursing and other skilled-health occupations. We also offer a broad range of refresher courses from GED and college preparation to knowledge in medical terminology and computer basics. Many of our programs are supported through partnership with local government, community-based organizations and community colleges.
Project R.E.A.C.H.(Resources and Education for the Advancement of Careers at Hopkins) is an Incumbent Worker Career Acceleration Program funded by Johns Hopkins Health Systems. This project is designed to help current Johns Hopkins Health System (JHHS) employees acquire the skills and knowledge to fill vacant healthcare occupations with a focus on those that are experiencing critical and chronic shortages. A few features of this program include: assessments of basic skills and career interest for eligible applicants, the assignment of career coaches, and salary release support for most participants (only for those pursuing school full-time--12 credits/semester).
Along with specific specialized training, Project R.E.A.C.H. offers educational and work/ family life counseling, as well as workshops for academic success and readiness, effective communication, customer services, conflict resolution, stress management, adjusting to change, on-boarding, job retention, money management and financial planning for employees.
- Current JHHS employee with full-time employee status
- Full-time permanent employment for at least one year prior to submission of application
- Completed Project R.E.A.C.H. application and manager recommendation form
- Not in active discipline-- employees must remain in good standing all throughout the Project R.E.A.C.H. process.
- Must be actively employed (physically present and able to perform their job duties) in their department at all times
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Employees interested in training programs opportunities that require Salary Release time must have completed at least on year of college pre-requisites.
Current Training Offerings (Not an all inclusive list)
- Surgical Technician
- Medical Technician
- Medical Technologist
- Pre-Clinical Associate
- Clinical Associate
- Registered Nursing (Project LINC)
- Radiology Technician
- Respiratory Therapist
- Pharmacy Technician
The Staff of Project R.E.A.C.H/Community Education Programs is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and by appointment. Please feel free to visit and/or call our office, located in the 550 Building, Suite 401 (410-502-2200), to schedule a initial contact meeting with a career coach to further discuss your interest.