In addition to the general Intrastaff employee benefits, nurses receive the following:
- Paid Orientation
- Select Continuing Education courses
- Nursing Referral Bonus Program
- CPR renewal
- S.O.A.P. Notes - Nursing Newsletter
- Social Events
In order to maintain general competencies for personal and professional development and to satisfy OSHA, JCAHO and client requirements, updates must be done on an annual basis for all employees. The annual updates are specific for type of occupation and work environment to which the employee is assigned.
For nursing personnel, a self-learning packet with a required post-test includes information on infection control, bloodborne pathogens, latex safety, safe handling of hazardous drugs and body wastes, fire safety, oxygen outage, disaster plan, risk management, professional boundaries, cardiac arrests.
Verification of nursing licensure is required for all RNs and LPNs prior to the nurse's first assignment with Intrastaff. Verification of licensure and certification for nursing personnel is done through the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- RN/LPN who has a temporary Maryland license whose license expires prior to their having a permanent Maryland license will not be able to work after 11 pm on the date of expiration until their permanent license has been granted and verified through the Intrastaff office.
- RN/LPN who has a nursing license from a Mutual Recognition Compact state, your license will be validated by the National Boards of Nursing and/or your home state.
- For all other allied health positions which require a license or certification, validation is required prior to the employee's first assignment with Intrastaff which will be validated by the appropriate board.
- The RN/LPN and any Intrastaff employee who is in a job category that requires licensure or certification (e.g., C N A certification) must on an annual basis provide Intrastaff with evidence of renewal of license or certification.
Each employee is given a general orientation to Intrastaff that includes information such as dress code, payroll policy, performance reviews, job description, etc. The employee is provided a copy all general Intrastaff information in writing.
Orientation requirements for assignments are specific to the area assigned. Please discuss the specific orientation requirements with the Intrastaff Staffing Associate prior to your assignment
- If an employee must cancel or switch a shift, it is the responsibility of the employee to communicate to Intrastaff the changes in the schedule.
- If a supervisor asks an employee to work additional hours and switch a shift it is the responsibility of the Intrastaff employee to notify Intrastaff of the switch or additional hours worked.
- Intrastaff requests that employees do not negotiate their own placements.