The benefits of joining Intrastaff include:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Tax Deferred Annuity
- Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Intrastaff offers subsidized medical and dental benefits from Johns Hopkins Employer Health Programs ("EHP") to employees who work an average of thirty six hours per week. Open enrollment period is annually January 1.
- Benefits begin on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment.
- The insurance premiums are deducted weekly by Intrastaff on a pre-tax basis.
*Should the hourly average of hours worked not meet the criteria of 36 hours per week (averaged over 12 weeks),the insurance benefit will be cancelled. Status of insurance cannot be changed during the calendar years and can only be changed (to enroll in or to cancel) during the annual open enrollment period. Upon separation, insurance may be purchased through COBRA for a total of 18 months. Information will be sent to you in the mail upon separation.
Intrastaff offers both short-term and long-term disability insurance coverage to active employees working a minimum of 24 hours per week within their first sixty days of employment. After the first sixty days, employees must work at least 24 hours per week measured over each quarter to remain eligible.
*Should the hours worked not meet the hourly criteria, or if a period of two weeks are not not worked, the insurance benefit will be cancelled. Employees are still financially responsible for paying any due premium(s) to Intrastaff.
Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union
All Intrastaff employees may join The Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union and enjoy all the benefits provided for members. Services that members may choose include free checking, statement savings accounts, ATM machines, telephone banking, interest-bearing checking accounts, money market and certificate accounts, and IRA's. ATM and Visa check cards, first mortgages, home equity loans, and new and used car loans also available.
Intrastaff gives employees the option of picking up their check or the convenience of direct deposit. If the direct deposit option is selected, a direct deposit form must be submitted with a voided check or deposit slip. Please note that it takes 3 pay cycles to receive direct deposit.
Please call the Intrastaff Office for the details on any of our benefits, questions about Intrastaff, why you should become a part of Intrastaff and to make an appointment. Please call 410-583-2950 or email at Intrastaff@jhmi.edu.