2014 myLearning Required Courses
ANNUAL UPDATES - Due by May 31, 2014
- Required Annual Education Topics for Clinicians 2014
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Fire Safety and Hazard Communications (Not needed in 2014 if you took course in 2013 or 2012)
- Intermediate Privacy for Health Care Providers (Not needed in 2014 if you took course in 2013)
- JHH Nursing | Central | 2014 Restraints and Seclusion
- JHH Nursing | Psychiatry | Seclusion and Restraint (Psychiatric Nursing) course
- All CNAs, PCTs, Clin As are required to take this course.
- RNs currently or potentially working on an inpatient psychiatry unit are required to take this course.
- Compliance Awareness
**If you do not see these courses in your learning plan you will need to self-enroll
Directions to myLearning self-enrollment are listed below
Not completing annual updates by May 31st will affect your ability to work!
Additional required course for Nurses, CNAs and Clin Techs:
Resources for required and optional continuing education
Ongoing educational updates are requirements for continued employment. Intrastaff routinely offers its employees educational updates, handbooks, post-tests, and other opportunities and resources as required under The Joint Commission and the State of Maryland.
Registration and questions: Follow specific registration instructions for each opportunity below. If you need assistance or have questions, please call 410-583-2950.
- Courses & workshops
- Medical topic learning resources
- Non-clinical staff education
- Online courses (myLearning & HealthStream)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) / Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
BLS and ACLS Information and Registration
BLS and ACLS Registration Fee Reimbursement Form
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Visit H.O.P.E. for a PALS course brochure and registration info.
- Clinical Information Systems Education
Register for training courses on Hopkins' electronic health record systems. Visit the Clinical Information Systems Education Center.
- Core Nursing Classes
Dozens of workshops and handouts available through the Department of Nursing, including trauma, ocular trauma, diabetes, anticoagulation and substance abuse. See Johns Hopkins Nursing Core Classes for details.
- Oncology opportunities for Med/Surg RNs
Expand your practice and gain valuable experience in Oncology. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-583-2950 to discuss requirements and details of this opportunity.
- Restraint Training
Learn techniques for safe and effective patient restraint and/or seclusion. View the calendar for upcoming dates and registration info.
- Telemetry Education
Learn how to read Telemetry strips (no tele experience necessary). Contact email@example.com or 410-583-2950 to discuss requirements and details of this opportunity.
JHHS offers a wide variety of online courses through myLearning (or HealthStream for HCGH staff). Course topics include safety, compliance, systems training, professional enrichment and more. As an employee through Intrastaff, you may be assigned courses that are mandatory for continued employment. You may also self-enroll in certain courses. To access either portal, download the instructions below:
Search Course Catalog – How to search for courses for self-enrollment
- HealthStream (Howard County General Hospital)
HealthStream Instructions – Login and manage your account
- Dysrhythmia Resources – Concepts and lessons on conditions related to arrhythmia/irregular heartbeat
- Critical Care Study Guides – Download guides related to various basic and advanced critical care topics
You will be notified by email when required education topics are due. The following education topics are required for all non-clinical Intrastaff employees who work on-site at a healthcare facility:
- JCAHO/OSHA Required Annual Education Topics for Non-Clinicians
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Intermediate Privacy (every 2 years)
- Fire Safety and Hazard Communications (every 3 years)
NOTE: In addition to annual educational requirements, all staff working in a healthcare facility must have annual TB screenings and obtain flu vaccines (or receive an exemption) from Occupational Health at JHH.
Non-clinical staff who work at a non-healthcare facility may have education requirements custom to your worksite. You will work with your supervisor on the details..
- Hopkins Policies Online (HPO) – Access the full catalog of JHH/JHHSC policies