Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Established over 25 years ago, Medcan is a global leader in assessing clients’ overall well-being and inspiring them to live well. They partner with over 1,000 organizations and 40,000 clients to set and achieve health and wellness goals.
Medcan has a comprehensive range of diagnostic assessments, which, in combination with innovative programs tailored to specific needs, are designed to successfully reach improved health outcomes. More than 65 physicians and specialists, alongside a broad roster of complementary health care disciplines, provide health and lifestyle management services on site and by video consult for individuals, families and organizations. A team of 350 staff members see clients in clinic and virtually from their downtown Toronto location.
Services offered include:
- Assessments – annual/comprehensive health assessment, child & youth assessment, genetics, cardiology, cancer risk screening, men’s health
- Health improvement programs – coaching, fitness, weight management, nutrition, sports therapy & rehabilitation, menopause management
- Year-round care – for individuals/employees and families
- Essentials – travel health, naturopathy, cosmetic dermatology
About Our Agreement
Under the agreement signed in 2007, Johns Hopkins Medicine International provides services including:
- Strategic consulting on clinical program development
- Joint Commission International accreditation preparation
- Remote medical second opinion
- Continuing medical education programs for Medcan Clinic physicians and clients
Points of Pride
- Medcan Naweza, humanitarian initiative launched in 2013, dedicated to helping improve the health of communities served by sister clinics in Kenya
- Recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies five years in a row (2014)
- Named one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures of 2015