Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
The Tawam Molecular Imaging Centre (TMIC) is a cutting-edge, purpose-built molecular imaging facility, wholly owned by Mubadala Development Company.
TMIC is part of Mubadala Healthcare, a division of Mubadala Development Company, and represents one of the key initiatives within the company’s plans to establish world-class medical facilities in the United Arab Emirates.
The centre is clinically operated by Johns Hopkins Medicine International and employs state-of-the-art molecular imaging technology.
Though TMIC shares a name with and is located on the campus of Tawam Hospital, these facilities are owned and operated separately. Yet their proximity is designed to create synergies to benefit patients in the diagnosis and management of cancer and other diseases.
About Our Agreement
Under the agreement signed in 2008, Johns Hopkins Medicine International provides services including:
- MRI contract
- Clinical operation and oversight (including Hopkins-appointed medical director)
- Establishing best practices developed at Johns Hopkins, especially in patient experience and molecular imaging
- Facility planning
- Educational observerships at The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Medical education programs
- Remote medical second opinion