I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Tawam Hospital, which opened in 1979, is part of the Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA) network of public hospitals owned by the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi.
The 469-bed tertiary care facility is the largest hospital in the United Arab Emirates and serves as a regional referral center for specialized medical care and a national referral center for oncology services.
Though it offers services in all specialties, Tawam is best known for its neonatal care, fertility services, emergency medicine, intensive care, oncology services and state-of-the-art cardiac care.
Joint Commission International Accreditation
2006, 2009, 2012 and 2015
About Our Agreement
Under the management agreement signed in 2006, Johns Hopkins Medicine International provides services including:
- Management team (including chief executive officer, chief operating officer, chief medical officer and chief clinical officer) for day-to-day operations management and oversight
- Program development in the areas of clinical services, education, training, human resources and capital equipment
- Facility master plan
- Virtual tumor boards
- Clinical lecture series
- Nurse training in evidence-based practice
- Educational observerships at The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- On-site speaking engagements
- Remote medical second opinion and patient referrals
- Administrative and clinical resident rotations
Other future programs include:
- Establishment of comprehensive health services (campus master plan)
- Oncology center of excellence
- Women's and children's hospital
- Diagnostic and treatment center
Points of Pride
- CEO of the Year; SEHA Circle of Excellence Award (2011)
- COO of the Year; SEHA Circle of Excellence Award (2011)
- Arab Health Award for Excellence in Laboratory Services (2011)
- Endorsed by the World Health Organization as a "Baby Friendly" Hospital
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology won the Sheikh Hamdan Medical Award for "Outstanding Medical Department in the Public Sector" (2010)
- Arab Health Awards: Excellence in Imaging and Diagnostics Award, Excellence in Surgery Services Award, Excellence in Patient Safety Award, Human Resource Development Award (2010)
- Administrative leadership team credentialed as Fellows of the Healthcare Advisory Board - the first in the UAE
- Two-way residency exchange program between Tawam Hospital and The Johns Hopkins Hospital
What Our Affiliate Says
“This will not be a simple consulting project, but a long-term relationship that will empower our own health professionals. Of course, collaborations with Johns Hopkins physicians will always be welcomed, but we want to make a difference to our people, and the best way to do it is giving our doctors and researchers tools that will make them able to provide high-quality services to the local population and educate future generations.”
— Dr. Ahmed Mubarak Al-Mazrouei, chairman of the Abu Dhabi Health Authority