I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital
The King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital (KKESH), a 250-bed hospital inaugurated in 1983, is the largest ophthalmic tertiary referral center in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital aims to improve eye care throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and beyond by providing tertiary eye care, educating health care professionals and the public and conducting research.
KKESH’s mission is to serve as the center of excellence for tertiary eye care, educate and train professionals, conduct research, enhance community awareness of ophthalmic diseases and their causes through health education, and develop outreach programs.
About Our Agreement
- A major focus of the affiliation, which began in 2010, is the training of the next generation of leaders in ophthalmology in both countries and beyond
- Recognized for excellence in delivery of ophthalmic patient care, strong educational programs and highly successful research programs
- Launched a new research website that allows scientists to upload research proposals, read the latest news and announcements and follow a blog about research at KKESH
- The outreach program establishes collaborations between KKESH and other health care facilities in the Kingdom through signed agreements of cooperation in ophthalmology subspecialties
- 30 research projects completed and 119 articles published
- Johns Hopkins Medicine ophthalmologists collaborate directly with KKESH physicians on patient care, education, and research
Points of Pride
- Riyadh, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Opened in 1983
- Provides comprehensive eye care treatment to the people of Saudi Arabia and neighboring Gulf countries
- 228 inpatient beds
- Major operating room with 12 dedicated ophthalmic theaters
What Our Affiliate Says
We have been briefed on…the dramatic increase in the number of operations, and the decreased number of patients on the waiting list, and we were pleased about these results.
- His Royal Highness Prince Sattam Bin Abdulaziz, The Governor of Riyadh