Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare
Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare is a first-of-its-kind health care joint venture between Saudi Aramco, a world leader in energy, and Johns Hopkins Medicine. This organization, which was inaugurated on January 28, 2014, is designed to drive and enhance the well-being of the community in an environment of growth and learning, by providing innovative, integrated and patient-centered care to Saudi Aramco’s employees and health care beneficiaries.
Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare brings together Saudi Aramco’s long-established health care delivery system and its approximately 360,000 beneficiaries and the world-renowned clinical, education and research expertise of Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare will evolve into a center of excellence that provides enhanced specialty and subspecialty services, new lines of treatment, research and education that address some of the most significant health care challenges in the region.
As seen in the 2016 Biennial Report. Learn more.
About Our Agreement
- Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare is expected to fuel clinical innovation, serve as a model in the provision of health care and contribute to the development of the health care industry in alignment with Saudi Aramco’s commitment to enabling growth, opportunities and diversification within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s economy.
- Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare will work to advance and apply new medical knowledge, health care delivery practices and strategies for population health management in a way that’s tailored to the needs of the local region.
- This partnership provides medical personnel unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow, to serve patients and families, to share the latest research innovations, and to apply those innovations quickly to patient care.
- This venture takes Johns Hopkins Medicine’s international expansion to a new level. Under the terms of the initial 10-year agreement, Saudi Aramco and Johns Hopkins Medicine will each hold an indirect ownership stake in the new Saudi-registered company.
- One of Johns Hopkins Medicine’s major contributions will involve consulting and knowledge transfer from 14 clinical areas, with an additional focus on education and training programs related to nursing, quality and safety, research, and leadership development to ensure sustainability into the future.
Visionaries of Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare
Watch the story of Saudi Aramco and Johns Hopkins Medicine and how these two renowned organizations formed the one-of-a-kind Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare.