Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare
Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare LLC is a first-of-its-kind health care joint venture between Saudi Aramco, a world leader in energy, and Johns Hopkins Medicine. This organization, which was inaugurated Feb. 1, 2014, is designed to drive and enhance the well-being of the community in an environment of growth and learning, by providing innovative, integrated and patient-centered care to Saudi Aramco’s employees and health care beneficiaries.
Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare brings together Saudi Aramco’s long-established health care delivery system and its approximately 350,000 beneficiaries and the world-renowned clinical, education and research expertise of Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare will evolve into a center of excellence that provides enhanced specialty and subspecialty services, new lines of treatment, research and education that address some of the most significant health care challenges in the region.
About Our Agreement
- Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare is expected to fuel clinical innovation, serve as a model in the provision of health care and contribute to the development of the health care industry in alignment with Saudi Aramco’s commitment to enabling growth, opportunities and diversification within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s economy.
- Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare will work to advance and apply new medical knowledge, health care delivery practices and strategies for population health management in a way that’s tailored to the needs of the local region.
- This partnership provides medical personnel unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow, to serve patients and families, to share the latest research innovations, and to apply those innovations quickly to patient care.
- This venture takes Johns Hopkins Medicine’s international expansion to a new level. Under the terms of the initial 10-year agreement, Saudi Aramco and Johns Hopkins Medicine will each hold an indirect ownership stake in the new Saudi-registered company.
- One of Johns Hopkins Medicine’s major contributions will involve consulting and knowledge transfer from 14 clinical areas, with an additional focus on education and training programs related to nursing, quality and safety, research, and leadership development to ensure sustainability into the future.