Abu Dhabi City, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Corniche Hospital, which opened in 1984, is a part of the Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA) network of public hospitals owned by the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi.
The 235-bed hospital is the main provider for obstetric and neonatology care in Abu Dhabi, and offers services in obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, anesthesia, midwifery, dietetics, physiotherapy, pharmacy, imaging and dentistry for pregnant patients.
In 2010, Corniche Hospital won the Arab Health Excellence in Patient Centered Care Award. In 2009, it was a runner-up for the Arab Health Specialists Achievement Award:Imaging and Diagnostics.
Joint Commission International Accreditation
December 2013, December 2010, December 2007
About Our Agreement
Under the agreement signed in 2008, Johns Hopkins Medicine International provides services including:
- Management team (including chief executive officer, chief operating officer, chief medical officer and chief clinical officer) for day-to-day operations management and oversight
- Program development in the areas of clinical services, education, training, human resources and capital equipment
- Joint Commission International accreditation preparedness training
- Facility planning
- Educational observerships at The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- On-site medical education programs
- Remote medical second opinion and patient referrals
- Administrative and clinical resident rotations
Points of Pride
- CMO of the Year, SEHA Circle of Excellence Award (2011)
- First in the UAE to allow husbands in operating rooms during Cesarean section
- Named a "Baby Friendly" hospital by World Health Organization, UNICEF
- Arab Health Excellence in Patient Centred Care Award (2010)
- Arab Health runner-up: Specialists Achievement Award: Imaging and Diagnostics (2009)
What Our Affiliate Says
One of our strategic objectives is to establish SEHA and its hospitals as the Abu Dhabi market leaders providing integrated, high-quality health care services. Our affiliation with Johns Hopkins Medicine and their selection of an experienced management team for Al Corniche reinforces that commitment.
— Saif Bader Al Qubaisi, managing director for the Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA)