Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey
Monterrey Tec has 15 liaison offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe and Latin America, with a total of 95,000 students (3,500 from outside of Mexico) and 7,600 faculty professors.
The institute was founded in 1943 by Don Eugenio Garza Sada and a group of entrepreneurs. It maintains membership in many academic and professional societies in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, including the International Student Exchange Program (ISEP).
In addition to its sites in Mexico, Monterrey Tec also has a virtual university and offers 34 undergraduate degree programs, 49 master degree programs, and 12 doctoral degree programs. Areas of study include humanities, engineering, computer science, administration, food technology and medicine. The medical school opened in 1978.
About Our Agreement
Under the agreement signed in 2005, Johns Hopkins Medicine International provides services including:
- Consulting in corporate governance and minimally invasive surgery skills lab setup
- Conferences/speaking engagements in Mexico
- Educational observerships at The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Continuing medical education
- Rotations of Monterrey Tec’s top medical students through Johns Hopkins oncology and otolaryngology-head and neck surgery departments and Johns Hopkins Singapore International Medical Centre
Points of Pride
- School of Medicine is accredited by the National Association of Schools and Faculties of Medicine of Mexico (AMFEM)
- Accredited by the United States’ Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Hospital San José Tec de Monterrey has led health care innovation in the region by providing high-quality patient care and cutting-edge technology