Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Hospital Punta Pacífica
Panama City, Panama
Hospital Punta Pacífica is a state-of-the-art facility that opened in 2006. It was developed by a partnership between local physicians and business leaders who wanted to raise the standard of health care in the region.
The hospital has 80 beds. Services include urology, cardiology, orthopaedics, physiotherapy, gastroenterology, endoscopy, pediatrics, neurology, dermatology, gynecology and obstetrics, nephrology and endocrinology.
Joint Commission International Accreditation
About Our Agreement
Johns Hopkins Medicine International has had a relationship with HPP since 2002. Under the current affiliation agreement, signed in 2013, Johns Hopkins Medicine International provides services including:
- Clinical program development
- Nursing development
- Quality and patient safety program development
- Preparation for Joint Commission International accreditation survey
- Educational observerships at The Johns Hopkins Health System
- On-site specialty lectures for physicians
- Patient referral services to the United States for highly complex cases
Points of Pride
- Ranked by America Economia as one of the top health care facilities in Latin America (2014).
- Became the first private hospital in Panama to receive an International Organization for Standardization 9001 certification for its quality laboratory management system (2014).
- Selected by the Panamanian Ministry of Health to establish a heart transplant center (2015).
- Performed the first successful heart transplant in the Panama’s history (2016).