The University Hospital of Fundación Santa Fe de Bogotá (FSFB) opened its doors in 1983. Fundación Santa Fe de Bogotá is committed to excellence in clinical care, education and research with the objective of being a national patient safety leader in Colombia. This 205-bed hospital was the first in Colombia to offer PET/CT services and continues to lead in imaging by offering SPECT/CT and magnetic resonance services. The hospital has 12 areas of specialty, including two institutes focused on oncology and cardiovascular disease. Other firsts for the hospital include Colombia’s first liver and cardiac transplants and the first emergency clinic in the country. Since 2003, the hospital has had fully digitized medical records that are integrated with financial and administrative processes.
The university offers 13 residency programs at the hospital. It also has a number of international alliances to meet its research-related goals in the fields of clinical medicine and public health. Faculty conduct research throughout Colombia, in other Latin American countries and across the Caribbean. In addition to traditional continuing medical education events, the university offers medical students and health care providers a number of pathways to develop their studies, such as online courses and telemedicine opportunities, including virtual clinics.
Fundación Santa Fe de Bogotá was accredited at a national level in 2007 and achieved Joint Commission International accreditation in 2010.
About Our Agreement
Under the original agreement signed in 2011 and continued in February 2013, Johns Hopkins Medicine International provides services including:
- Consulting regarding development of new clinical programs and related facilities expansion
- Assessment and strengthening of nursing care and leadership opportunities
- Consulting related to development of new clinical activities
- Knowledge transfer opportunities for executive and clinical hospital staff, including observerships, CME, symposia and video lectures
- Remote medical second opinion and patient referrals