Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Anadolu Medical Center
Anadolu Medical Center, located on a 170,000 square meter campus on the outskirts of Istanbul, opened in 2005 as a non-profit organization financed by Anadolu Foundation, an arm of the multinational Anadolu industrial group.
Anadolu Medical Center’s vision is to be a full continuum, specialty-focused health care provider recognized as the best in Turkey, southern Eurasia and the Middle East, and to manage and operate these services in a manner that makes it the region’s health care employer of choice.
The 209-bed acute care hospital includes center of excellence programs in cardiology, oncology, women’s health and neurological sciences.
The project includes plans for a health campus with:
- Health center (not-for profit hospital and medical office building)
- Wellness and rehabilitation center
- Senior nursing home
- Allied health professional school
- Nursing school
- Research laboratory
- 200-bed hotel and 50-unit apartment hotel
Joint Commission International Accreditation
February 2013, February 2010, February 2007
About Our Agreement
Under the affiliation agreement signed in 2001, Johns Hopkins Medicine International provides services including:
- Architectural and engineering design review
- Joint Commission International accreditation preparation
- Educational observerships at The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Information technology systems consulting
- Capital equipment purchase consulting
- Radiologist recruitment consulting
- Joint conferences
- Two-year nursing development initiative
- Clinical program development
Points of Pride
- Joint physician conferences: emergency medicine and preparedness; disease management; bone marrow transplant (2009, 2011)
- Appointment of Johns Hopkins chief nursing officer (2010)
- Launched nurse development initiative to elevate nursing skills, knowledge and influence (2008)
- Finalist: Urban Land Institute Award for Excellence (2006)