Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Tokyo Midtown Medical Center
When Mitsui Fudosan Co. Ltd., Japan’s largest developer, sought help planning a state-of-the-art, full-service outpatient care center in the Tokyo Midtown Tower, it turned to Johns Hopkins Medicine International for our expertise.
The Tokyo Midtown Medical Center gave patients access to something not widely available in Japan —outpatient procedures and same-day surgeries.
About Our Agreement
Over the course of a 10-year agreement, Johns Hopkins Medicine International provided the following consulting services:
- Development of quality, patient safety and infection control programs
- Selection of major capital equipment (radiology and imaging)
- Architectural design development (patient safety, infection control, efficiency and clinical flow)
- Development of medical center operations and administration
- Technology improvement
- Joint Commission International accreditation preparedness training
- Development of specialty clinical programs
Johns Hopkins Medicine International also provided physicians at Tokyo Midtown Medical Center with:
- Educational observerships at The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Remote medical second opinion and patient referrals
Today, Midtown Tokyo Medical Center offers:
- A comprehensive executive health program
- An eye clinic
- A cosmetic and dermatology center
- Women’s health
Points of Pride
- Received Joint Commission International accreditation in March 2015 and was the first private center in Japan to receive this accreditation.
- Was the first partnership of its kind in Japan.
- Linked a Japanese health care center with a Western academic health care institution.