Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Tokyo Midtown Medical Center
Tokyo Midtown Medical Center opened in 2007 in the city’s fashionable Roppongi district. The state-of-the-art outpatient care center is part of Tokyo Midtown Tower, a 54-story building with long-term residences, offices, a museum and a Ritz Carlton hotel.
The project was the vision of Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd., Japan’s largest developer. Mitsui sought the expertise of Johns Hopkins Medicine in planning the medical center since outpatient procedures and same-day surgeries are not widely available in Japan.
Current services include:
- Comprehensive executive health program
- Eye clinic
- Cosmetic and dermatology center
- Multispecialty screening center
- Specialty care clinic with full-service diagnostics including health care supplements
Joint Commission International Accreditation
About Our Agreement
Under the agreement signed in 2005, Johns Hopkins Medicine International provided planning consulting including:
- Development of quality, patient safety and infection control programs
- Selection of major capital equipment (radiology and imaging)
- Architectural design development (patient safety, infection control, efficiency and clinical flow)
- Development of medical center operations and administration
- Technology improvement
Johns Hopkins Medicine International continues to provide services including:
- Educational observerships at The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Remote medical second opinion and patient referrals
Future projects include:
- Joint Commission International accreditation preparedness training
- Development of specialty clinical programs
Points of Pride
- Only partnership of its kind in Japan
- Links a Japanese health care center with a Western academic health care institution