- Upper GI Endoscopy: What Patients Can Expect
- An upper gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy is a safe and effective procedure that can help diagnose or treat problems of the upper digestive system. Click here to watch Dr. Linda Lee as she explains the anatomy of the upper GI tract and what patients can expect before, during, and after an upper GI endoscopy.
- IBD Symposium 2011
- On September 24, 2011, Johns Hopkins Integrative Medicine & Digestive Center held a half-day symposium in conjunction with the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation on an Integrative Medicine Approach to Inflammatory Bowel Disease. The speakers included experts in inflammatory bowel disease, integrative medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, nutrition, and psychotherapy, all of whom are on the faculty and staff at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- You can access all of the talks by clicking here to view our video.
- Integrative Medicine and Cancer
- Watch a webinar discussing how acupuncture, the mind/body connection, holistic eating, chinese medicine and other modalities can help cancer survivors during and after treatment.
- We now participate with EHP
- Massage and Acupuncture Now Available at the Johns Hopkins Hospital Campus
Scheduled Presentations and Professional Development Activities from Our Staff
- Please check back frequenlty for updated activities
In our strive to continually evaluate effective treatment modalities for common illnesses seen at our Center, we have intitated a monthly journal club where we present and discuss current research. Our objectives are as follows:
- to identify studies that meet criteria for being"evidenced based".
- to identify studies that have limitations.
- to identify ways our center might participate in clinical trials collaborating with other instituitions.
- to discuss ways our treatment protocols, or recommendations to patients might be changed based on results of recent research studies.