Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
We use a patient-centered approach to diagnose and manage a variety of conditions, including:
- Autoimmune disorders, including rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, Sjogren’s syndrome, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Graves’ disease, Raynaud’s phenomenon, etc.
- Barrett’s esophagus screening
- Celiac sprue (celiac disease)
- Chronic conditions including pain, stress and degenerative disorders
- Crohn’s disease
- Dermatological conditions, such as eczema, psoriasis, and cystic acne
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Gynecological conditions, such as PMS, dysmenorrheal, amenorrhea, morning sickness, fetal breech presentation, support for delivery in late pregnancy, and support for lactation difficulties
- Infertility and reproductive issues in women and men
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Musculoskeletal pain including joint pain, arthritis and arthralgia, tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, TMJ, and traumatic and post-surgical pain
- Neurological issues, such as migraines and cluster headaches, sciatica, and peripheral neuropathy
- Respiratory problems, including asthma, chronic sinusitis, and allergic rhinitis
- Screening for colorectal cancer
- Swallowing disorders
- Ulcerative colitis
Commonly Treated Symptoms
We help patients who have a broad range of acute and chronic symptoms. Among the symptoms that bring patients to our office are:
- Acute and chronic pain anywhere in the body
- Cognitive issues, such as lack of concentration, poor memory, and inability to focus
- Digestive irregularities, including bloating, changes in bowel habits, weight changes, constipation, diarrhea, difficulty swallowing, heartburn, indigestion, nausea and vomiting, and rectal bleeding
- Energy problems, such as fatigue, tiredness, and lack of motivation
- Fertility difficulties, including difficulty conceiving and maintaining a pregnancy to term
- Gynecological concerns, such as irregular menstrual cycle, painful menses
- Menopausal symptoms, including hot flashes, night sweats
- Musculoskeletal problems, including low back pain, muscle, tendon and joint pain, sports injuries, and repetitive motion injuries
- Respiratory problems, such as difficulty breathing, shortness of breath
- Side effects of cancer treatment and diagnosis
- Sleep problems, such as inability to fall asleep, stay asleep, or sleep soundly and restfully